Confidentiality and Regulations Agreement for ETS Computer-Delivered Tests: A Guide for Test-Takers
If you are planning to take any of the computer-delivered tests offered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), such as the GRE, TOEFL, or Praxis exams, it is important to know about the confidentiality and regulations agreement that you must agree to before starting the test. This agreement outlines the rules and policies that govern test-taking, including what you can and cannot do during the test, how your personal data will be handled, and what consequences may result from violating the agreement. In this article, we will provide a brief overview of the key points of the confidentiality and regulations agreement for ETS computer-delivered tests, and offer some tips for how to prepare for and comply with the agreement.
What is the Confidentiality and Regulations Agreement?
The confidentiality and regulations agreement is a legal contract that you must agree to before you can take any ETS computer-delivered test. It is typically presented on-screen at the beginning of the test, and you must read and accept the agreement before you can proceed with the test. The agreement is designed to protect the security and integrity of the test, and to ensure that all test-takers are given a fair and equal opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and abilities.
What Does the Agreement Cover?
The confidentiality and regulations agreement covers a wide range of topics related to test-taking, including:
– Test Security: You are prohibited from engaging in any behavior that could compromise the security or integrity of the test, such as taking photos of the test questions or sharing them with others.
– Test Content: You are not allowed to copy, reproduce, or disclose any of the test questions or content, before, during, or after the test.
– Test Materials: You are not permitted to remove any test materials, such as scratch paper or notes, from the testing room.
– Test Behavior: You must follow all testing rules and regulations, including arriving on time, following instructions, and not engaging in any disruptive behavior.
– Personal Data: You are required to provide accurate and complete personal information when registering for the test, and to consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your data in accordance with ETS’s privacy policies.
– Consequences of Violating the Agreement: If you violate any of the terms of the agreement, ETS may cancel your test scores, ban you from taking future ETS tests, and pursue legal action against you.
Tips for Complying with the Agreement
To ensure that you comply with the terms of the confidentiality and regulations agreement, we recommend the following tips:
– Read the agreement carefully before you start the test, and make sure you understand all of the terms and conditions.
– Do not bring any prohibited items, such as electronic devices or study materials, into the testing room.
– Follow all instructions given by the test administrator, and ask for clarification if you are unsure about anything.
– Do not talk to other test-takers during the test, and avoid any behavior that could be considered disruptive or distracting.
– Use only the materials provided by the test administrator, and do not remove any materials from the testing room.
– Do not take any photos or screenshots of the test content, and do not share any information about the test questions with others.
– Provide accurate and complete personal information when registering for the test, and ensure that you have read and understood ETS’s privacy policies.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you comply with the confidentiality and regulations agreement for ETS computer-delivered tests, and minimize the risk of any negative consequences. Remember that the agreement is designed to protect the integrity of the test and ensure that all test-takers are treated fairly, so it is in your best interest to comply with the terms of the agreement. Good luck on your test!